The following countries:
Release 1.0.0b1 is out!
A complete diagramming library
lib_gg_orgchart allows you to draw organizational charts in your web pages. The input is easily defined in JSON format. This open-source, free software has unique advantages over other similar libraries that you can find in the web.
See the examples and get a broad view of what can be achieved with this library. Look inside for the JSON specifications and into the HTML code for directions about how to render the JSON-defined organizational structures.
- Three basic types of nodes: subordinate, collateral and staff.
- Four extended types of nodes: stafftop, staffleft, invisible and dashed.
- Each node can have a title, a subtitle and an attached image.
- Boxes sizes are automatically calculated.
- Configurable styles for colors, fonts, lines, backgrounds and padding.
- Multiple charts can be rendered in the same web page.
- Specification of the organizational structure via JSON is now decoupled from the library code.
- Dynamic generation of charts is now possible using a scripting language like PHP and databases.
- Allows zoom, drag and print to PDF.
- Renders well over almost all desktop browsers that support HTML5.
- New, simplified and flexible invocation syntax.
- Free software licensed under GUN LGPL.
Please note that branch 1.x is not backward compatible with the 0.x series. However, the migration should not require a lot of efforts.
- v.1.0.0 beta 1: integration of 0.4.4 beta series :: major release, first 1.x version number
- v.0.4.4 beta 6: (N/R) full encapsulation; new, simplifyed library syntax for calling and rendering
- v.0.4.4 beta 5: (N/R) completes zoom and print; multiple renders per web page
- v.0.4.4 beta 4: (N/R) fixes rendering issues; better usage of layout space; reverses 0.4.2 beta 6
- v.0.4.4 beta 3: (N/R) initial zoom and print capabilities; "dashed nodes" feature
- v.0.4.4 beta 2: (N/R) can load the JSON graph structure from an external file
- v.0.4.4 beta 1: (N/R) fixes node rendering with both images and subtitles; simplify calling syntax
- v.0.4.3 beta 3: fixed regression: rendering issues in IE 7 and 8
- v.0.4.3 beta 2: can draw the text inside boxes above or below images
- v.0.4.3 beta 2: "invisible" nodes for greater flexibility
- v.0.4.3 beta 1: integrates patches from collaborators; fixes rendering issues
- v.0.4.2 beta 6: changes rendering of staff (to have all nodes on the same line)
- v.0.4.2 beta 5: new options box_root_node_width and box_root_node_height
- v.0.4.2 beta 4: avoids use of oc_max_text_height in oc_draw_obj()
- v.0.4.2 beta 3: "html templates" optional feature (depends on jsrender and jQuery libraries)
- v.0.4.2 beta 2: staffleft and stafftop nodes
- v.0.4.2 beta 1: encapsulation; performance improvements
- v.0.4.1 beta 5: fixes rendering issues with IE8 (oc_IE thing)
- v.0.4.1 beta 4: new: box_border_radius, box_border_width, box_fix_width and box_fix_height
- v.0.4.1 beta 3: fixes "more than 3 staff" issue
- v.0.4.1 beta 2: fixes rendering issues with IE8
- v.0.4.1 beta 1: images within boxes
- v.0.4.0 : made publicly available
[ N/R == not released ]
In order of appearance:
- GG :: Gorka G LLONA.
- YL :: Yoann LECUYER.
- MJ :: Milan JAROŠ.
- RB :: Rob BOERMAN.
- JP :: Jean-Paul BEHRNES.
- RK :: Ryad BEN-EL-KEZADRI.
- BG :: Brother GABRIEL-MARIE.
- JV :: Joel VILLAR.
Thanks to all of them and also to the people that have informed about bugs and/or requested features.
Gorka G LLona (profile).
Please contact the author for improvements, suggestions and bugs.