Please let me know if you use this library in any project.
A complete library
lib_gg_orgchart allows you to draw organizational charts in your web pages. The input is easily defined in JSON format. This open-source, free software has unique advantages over other similar libraries that you can find in the web.
See the samples for drawing outputs. Look at the HTML code for the JSON definitions for data structure and visual styles.
- Three basic types of nodes: subordinate, collateral and staff.
- Three extended types of nodes: stafftop, staffleft and invisible -- see example 2.
- Each node can have a title and a subtitle.
- Boxes sizes are automatically calculated.
- Configurable styles for colors, fonts, lines, backgrounds and padding.
- Can add images within boxes -- see example 4.
- Renders well over almost all desktop browsers.
- Two methods of invocation: either body.onload trigger based or called from the body with JS.
- Uses the excellent JS library Raphael for drawing vector graphics.
- Free software.
Please note that branch 0.4.3 is not backward compatible with 0.4.2. Invocation method for version 0.4.3 is different and is object-based. However, changes in your code will be minimal.
- v.0.4.3 beta 4 (2013.09.25): fixed issues rendering nodes with both images and subtitles (GG).
- v.0.4.3 beta 3 (2013.08.28): bug fixes for IE7 and IE8 (RK).
- v.0.4.3 beta 2 (2013.06.12): new invisible node type and flexible positioning of images (GG).
- v.0.4.3 beta 1 (2013.05.22): fixes minor render issues (GG).
- v.0.4.3 beta 0 (2013.05.22): integrated improvements made by contributors (GG).
- v.0.4.2 beta 5 (2013.02.15): about 9 improvements and bug fixes (MJ).
- v.0.4.2 beta 2 (2012.07.11): fixed rendering issues with IE8 (YL); fixed packaging issues (GG).
- v.0.4.1 beta 1 (2012.07.11): added support for images within boxes (GG).
- v.0.4.0 (2012.05.14): made publicly available (GG).
In order of appearance:
- GG :: Gorka G LLONA.
- YL :: Yoann LECUYER.
- MJ :: Milan JAROŠ.
- RB :: Rob BOERMAN.
- JP :: Jean-Paul BEHRNES.
- RK :: Ryad BEN-EL-KEZADRI.
This work is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
Gorka G LLona (profile).
Please contact the author for improvements, suggestions and bugs.